As of 6:00pm EST, those who are in favor of the government healthcare bill, H.R. 3962, do not have enough votes to pass it. However, they are still trying for a vote this weekend, possibly as early as Saturday.
No matter when the vote takes place, IWILLVOTENO ON THIS BILL.
This legislation will:
- Raise taxes$729.5 billion
- Increase the deficit
- Increase government regulation and controlof doctors and patients
- Could force doctor run hospitals out of business and cost Texans jobs
- Force Americans and businesses to buy insurance or pay a fine -this is unconstitutional
- Provides coverage for illegals
During this historic time, the American people have marched on Washington and filled community venues across the nation to make it clear their voices matter. I will continue to fight for the peopleof the Second Congressional District of Texas, Americans across the country and stand up for what is right.
God and Texas,
Member of Congress